Whew...I am legit tardy on my blog updates, and have 0.0 excuse (other than the fact I've been tre busy). Last week flew by, busy as ever at work and before I knew it, Labor Day Weekend was upon us. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was yip yapping about good ol' Mem Day Weekend? Huh.
So, allow me to re-cap for those of you that care to hear about my adventures (because, as you're well aware, there's never a dull moment at Casa Batch). Friday I jet setted out of work early to start off my amaze weekend. My Birchwood bestie Megan and I met at my fav watering hole Market to do what we do best...analyze everything whilst drinking bubbly. 2 1/2 bottles plus, mind you. This was captured just before bottle #2
Best.Night.Ever. Coasting into Saturday, I was rested and ready to move my in-laws. Saturday was also, quite possibly, the hottest, most humid day of the century. But, I put my big girl pants on and got it done. Moving 16 years of love and life from one home to another was not without its challenges (or emotions, as this was my husband's family home and where he lived when the magic began 13+ years ago). But, it was time to move on and the new home is more fab in all the best ways <3
Saturday night was another ridic fun time with my bestie Rena in Wicker Park at Prasino's for our friend Natasha's 30th birthday party. This included sushi, Prosecco and even a decadent cake all in honor of our girl Tash.
Sunday brought us back to the in-laws to help some more & then Monday was spent cleaning our house and me starting the planning of this year's Halloween costume gala. Yes, you read that right, gala. Not to be confused with party. I have already hand crafted the invites, which are just begging to be mailed. All the while planning the redec of our 2nd bedroom. So much to be done, purchased, refurbed etc. As this blog is appropriately entitled...out with the old & in with the new. In more ways than one.
This past Labor Day weekend we had nothing ridic planned, but it turned out to be one of the best weekends I have had in a long time...and the fact that it was spent in the company of some of the best gals a girl could hope for, is not lost on me. Grant it, we all have our "stuff", and the last few months have certainly been a roller coaster...however, at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade places with anyone. Not for all the money in the world.


Yay! for having fun with good friends! You all are adorable in the pictures! We all definitely do have our 'stuff' and when you put things in perspective, sometimes it's better to be in your own shoes than someone else's for sure. Have a great time at your Halloween Gala (spoooooky) and redecorating your bedroom! I'm going to be giving our living room a makeover shortly too. Be sure to share some pictures!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it the truth? I went to txt u today with an update but it would've been 2868396828083 lines long so I was then going to email you, but was working from home & got sidetracked. Saw re today & got the scoop & wanted to share. I will totally be sending you & r an invite to my halloween party...Holly & John will be there & my sis too!
ReplyDelete