With the 2nd week of July already looming ahead, it's fair to say this month is in full swing. We had an ultra fab 4th of July weekend, spent attending any number of parties, get togethers, bbq's and the like. We celebrated with great family & friends and even managed to fit in a night of cuddling on the couch, watching movies (well, I watched while Mike slept, per usual).
Being supah busy at the j.o.b. (umm...being important is taxing) def helped push this week along. Working from home a day or two a week also helps to break things up, and then, before ya know it, it's Friday. I made an appointment at the salon in my building for a mani/pedi during lunch and tonight brings me to my old stomping grounds of Oak Park for dinner in La Bella's outside patio with one of my oldest pal's, Joellen. Since the weather is perfection, I plan to doll it up with some super simp cotton shorts and a peasant top (said peasant top will do double duty of looking adorbes and discreetly hiding my pasta/dessert/wine belly). Dinners with Jo are usually hours-long affairs as we're not short-winded individuals, so likely I will head straight home after, but don't quote me.
Tomorrow will totes be spent laying out at my pool, and as for the evening...it's still up in the air. My bestie is trying to convince me to meet her and the Godbabies at a carnival just down the street from the casa, attempting to entice me with promises of a beer garden. We shall see.
Sunday, as ye all know, is my day of rest. As such, I will be resting. The day may just take me to Costco, where I will do some shopping to prep for...(drum roll please).....
BIRCHWOOD! (whoop whoop)
That's right folks...exactly one week from today, we will be packing up to hit the road for our summer place. I seriously can.not.wait. The obligatory planning phone calls with our Birchwood besties have already commenced and the count down officially begins tomorrow. Get ready to hear more than you've ever cared to know about Birchwood, WI.
In the mean time, have a Happy Friday peeps!
1) I wish I could be vegging with you poolside.
ReplyDelete2) I wish I could be mooching off your cabin in Birchwood.
3) I wish I had some white peach butter. Your sister has been taunting me.
Klinker, I too wish all these things! I also have Matt's Duplo cookie, so maybe I can send that and a peach butter? Do you think I can send the peach butter and risk it not breaking?
ReplyDelete