Thursday, July 28, 2011

Back To Business

Howdy y'all!  I cannot begin to tell you the deliciousness of last week...words cannot express how in need I was of this vacay and man, did we have an amaze time.  Birchwood never disappoints.  Never.  We have been going up for over 25 years and partake in the same activities (boating, swimming, fishing, cocktailing & tubing) and it never gets old.  My Birchwood besties & I are all, on average, around 30 years old (give or take), and always, come the end of the week, we still get into full depression mode.  One of my oldest, dearest pal's Quinton even started in on Wednesday with the melancholy..."it's almost over".  Birchwood to us is love in the first degree and we all feel so incredible blessed to have families that created this amazing tradition for us that we've continued into adulthood (thanks 'rents!)  We created more priceless memories to hold us over until next year...only 352 more days until bdubbs 2012 ;)

Having said all of that, however, it does feel sorta good to be home and get back into our routine.  I absolutes missed my precious pup and my ultra comfy bed.  I did not, however, miss work and all the bs that comes along with the j.o.b. sometimes.  Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining and overall, I love what I do, but being out for 6 work days makes for a challenging return and def adds to the stress levels.  Thankfully, however, we're already coming up on Friday and tomorrow brings us to Ravinia to see the BoDeans!  I'm hope, hope, hoping that the rain holds off and we can enjoy the concert sans storms.  The plan is to cut out around noon-ish (give or take) and head home to get all of our snazzy gear together so that when Mike gets home from work, we can head on down. 

The remainder of the weekend is still up for grabs.  My loving husband has been chosen for the All-Star team for his baseball team (go babe!) and that game is set to take place on Saturday morning.  In an attempt to be a good wife, I'm considering making an appearance (for those of you who know me well know that this is a huge thing), so you'll just have to stay tuned for more on that later.  The rest of the weekend I plan to finish cleaning my insanely messy home.  I am making a concentrated effort to try and slow down a bit over the next few weeks, mainly because I feel like I am on overload & need to slow down.  Mike and & recently resurrected our love of bike riding, so the plan is to, at some point, on Saturday afternoon, purchase little headlights for me cycle.  We love to go after dinner and the streets of Park Ridge are NOT, I repeat NOT friendly to the after sunset rider.  Hence, the need for some bike headlights...like my pal Kiki said, this fact alone makes us either 12...or 90.  Ha!  I'm also hoping to swing by Whole Foods and do some grocery shopping as well as source out a local source for organic milk.  Thanks to my dear pal Klinker and the recent post on her most awesome bloggity blog, I am now jelly of her local farmer and must attempt to find something like this near the Chi.  Wish me luck with that.

Other than that, folks, not much to report.  I should have my Birchwood pics uploaded sometime in the near future so if you dabble on the google and are a facebooker, you can see them on there.  If not, well, you're outta luck.  Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment