Yesterday brought the loving husband and I toWrigley for a 1:20 game. We went with some besties and had a totes fab time. My gf Brianne & I work super close to one another, so we met at noon and took the Red Line over to Addison while the boys met us at the park. We got there early and decided to partake in some icy cold beverages (a Land Shark for me, and a tall ice water for her) at the Captain Morgan club on Sheffield while waiting for the rest of our posse. Our tix were from the annual Resurrection game in May that was called (see
How Did That Happen? for a refresher on this) and in true Res game fashion, the Cubs suffered a humiliating loss. That minor detail, however, did not put a damper on our fun:
All in all, we had an abfab afternoon. Upon returning home I immediately took a face nap, only to awake at 9:30pm, fully clothed and with nothing done for the next day. Awesome. After loading the dish washer and making lunch for today, I got undressed and crawled back into bed, only to get one of the best night's sleep in, like, for-ev-er. Score! I should day drink more often!
Since it's another gorge day in the Chi, I'm meeting another gf after work and we're going to walk over to
the Taste. Summer's in my beloved town are the.best.ever and I plan to soak it all in! After all, Chicago is one town that won't let you down. It's my kind of town ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment