Everybody wants respect
Just a little bit
And everybody needs a chance once in while...
It's the BoDeans, baby and on Friday, July 29th I will be jammin' it up with the husband and friends at Ravinia. For those of you who do not live in the Chi (or for those unfortunate souls who do, but have never been), Ravinia is the "sound of summer" (I totes stole that from the website). Ravinia is an outdoor music venue that books some mega acts, and some not-so-mega acts, where you can score lawn seats (they're a must), bring your own food & bevvies and have a gay ol' time. Nothing says summer quite like Ravinia. Mike and I haven't been in a few years, and last summer we were saying (you know, in that way which implies you absolutely want to go, but know it's likely not gonna happen) how we for sure needed to go back. Well, last summer came and went, and we never made it to see a concert. I vowed at the close of the Ravinia season last year that next year I would absolutely be there. Well, my dear friends, it is officially "next year" and I am making good on my promise.
After emailing a few besties some potential dates, we uniformly decided that July 29th was likely the only date that was going to work (how sad is it that of all the possible weekends this summer, only one actually worked...overcommitted, anyone?) After making this grand decision, I immediately went online to their website and purchased 2 lawn tix for me and the loving husband. I so.can't.wait.
So, it true Suzie Q fashion, I immediately set out to purchasing picnic gear. I wasted no time in finding adorbes stuff, which consists of, first and foremost, an ultra deluxe picnic basket. The thing I love best about this little cutie is that the inside is insulated and closes off with a zipper. Darling! Best part of all? I got 60% off retail and paid a mere $40 clams. I also snapped up this gem at Target (which I'm normally not a lover of) for $14 clams, which includes 4, count 'em 4, stemware holders and a bottle holder whereas most others I priced were around $10 for only 2 stemware holders. Shopping is a sport, my friends, and I always place 1st. Last, but certainly not least, I perused Amazon & found this perfect little table and knew it would just right for, not only Ravinia, but also Birchwood (actually, all our abfab finds will double duty as perfect compliments to our up North retreat), 4th of July and, really, all summer weekends.
So, here's to summer lovies! I hope yours is shaping up to be as good as mine <3
I LOVE the bodeans!!!! So does Heather, she's a gonna be very jealous. I really hope we'll be able to go
ReplyDelete