Yes, that's me...slacker supreme. I realize I am lucky if I get one entry out per week, things here are just so crazy. We're steadily gearing up for next weekend's costume party, in honor of one of our most favorite holidays, Halloween. The 2nd bedroom is pretty much finished (with the exception of a dresser for Mike's clothes, which still needs to be purchased). Comcast is coming tonight to install an HD/DVR box in the room & once that's done, all we need is the mount and finito!
As I mentioned, we're super busy; it seems as though we're constantly up to something. Last week I hosted my monthly book club meeting, so in between organizing the 2nd bedroom and shopping for Halloween costumes, last weekend I was busy cleaning and shopping for Tuesday's book club. On Friday of this past weekend, we hosted a small celebration at our house for my cousin's birthday. Saturday was spent running errands and then later in the evening, celebrating another birthday for a friend in the city. Sunday I was busy nursing the world's WORST hangover ever, but still somehow managed to make it to the grocery store and make homemade stuffed peppers for dinner (delish!) I even dropped off dinner to one of my longtime friends, whose life is a little stressful right now. Having gone through some of my own biznazz this year, I know how much it means when friends reach out to show their support and show that they care. I also know what it feels like when "friends" don't...and I vow never to be that kind of "friend". Everyone is super busy, the loving husband and I are no exception, yet I am never, ever too busy for people in my life who are important. So, while I didn't get a whole lot of "stuff" done yesterday, I did make a difference to someone who means a lot to me. Winner winner, chicken (actually, stuffed pepper) dinner.
So, while I would love to say that once the Halloween party is over I will have more free time to blog it up, chances of that are slim. Work is super busy since the end of the year is coming to a close and open enrollment for the 2012 benefit year is beginning. Since I am the benefit gal, the next few months (until February) are the busiest of the year. Throw in the holidays (super jazzed), with parties and planning galore, you've got yourself a socially overcommitted lady ;)
Stay tuned this week for decor pix of the house, in anticipation of Saturday! Have a great week loves!
No comments:
Post a Comment