Some days more than others, I have to work that much harder at being the kind of person I want to be. What kind of person is that, you ask?
A person of character.
Not always easy, you say. No. No, it's not. I once heard it said that it's about striving to be better; a better wife, a better sister, a better daughter, a better co-worker. A better person. You won't always be better, but you've gotta try. That's what character is. It's in the try.
I'll never stop trying.
Words to live by.
<3
Sue--What a beautiful post! It's not always easy to do or say the right things, but I try to have in the back of my head, "How would I feel if someone said or did that to me..." and those are the words I try to live by. Even if sometimes I want to slap a bitch up. ;) Nice blog, btw. I think you should try to write more! I saw when you had the link up the other day and came and checked you out and now I'm a 'follower'. You can check my blogdiggityblog out too. I don't share it on fb because sometimes I may write about certain things that I don't want some of my family/friends to know about, even though it's a very public blog. That makes sense, right? Anyway, just wanted to say hey! Keep on writing! ♥
ReplyDeleteOh sis, never stop trying to be a better sister! hahhaha.. I kid. You are a great person and you have a wonderful sweet soul and that is what makes you such a good friendy/wifey/daughtery.. okay you get the drift.
ReplyDeleteSomething I do to keep me on "track" and to sort of keep my character defects "in check" is when I am about to say something I stop and think.. would I say this to the person I am talking about??? Most of the time.. I don't say it.. I am not perfect, no one is. But it's how we take from our past and apply it to our future that is what is important. That and how we treat our sisters :) xo
Thanks girls <3
ReplyDeleteSuzie, you have AMAZING character. stop working at it...you'll just make the rest of us look bad ;)
ReplyDelete