I am in no way qualified (or at the very least, even interesting enough) to write & manage a blog. Having said that, I have decided to create one.
I've actually considered opening one for a while now & have gone back & forth about doing it. Certainly, I'm long-winded enough to fill the pages (screen) & busy enough to find material to actually write about. So why not? Then my more intelligent & more sensible voice would remind me that it's awfully arrogant to assume anyone has the time (or the patience in many cases) to listen to my incessant, aften lame, ramblings about nothing in particular, other than the common subject of me, my life & my business. Narcissism anyone? Yes, don't mind if I do.
I also began thinking about the fact that more often than not, hearing (or in this case, reading) the goings-on, life stories, problems, successes, etc of your friends, family, peers helps in knowing that oftentimes, we're more alike than different. I look at the last 29 years of my life up to this point and at times, I realize just how far I've gotten, how much I've accomplished & achieved before the big 3-0, but then other times I feel "time is running out" & that if I want to do X Y & Z I need to get cracking. It's a double edged sword & figure I honestly cannot be the only person who feels & thinks this way. Even though each of us have our own set of circumstances, our own story, we all want the same thing, right? To be happy, successful & well adjusted?
Perfect example: my good pal Kristen is my sounding board & while our lives are totally different, we still are the same in that our fears, hopes & desires are all similar in foundation. Even if what we actually want out of life differs, the passion with which we want it and stress over how we'll get it speak the same language. Plus, she's probably sick of being my sounding board all the time since, as you can probably tell, I'm somewhat obsessive/neurotic. Poor Kris. So, in rests the decision to go ahead & blog it up. I have zero belief I will ever write great works that will fill books people will buy, but I do know (because people have told me, so it makes it fact. Clearly) that, like Kris, I'm also a good sounding board for my friends...which means I'm relatable. So, that means much of what I say here are probably things you can relate to your own life. And what's better than knowing, whatever the situation, there are people that understand?
Which brings me back to the whole purpose of my blog. Just last week I celebrated what is to be the last birthday of my 20s. I hear so many people say that turning 40 was the hardest birthday, blah blah. For me, I feel that way about my 30s. Maybe because I look back and think of my 20s as the best years of my life...maybe I'll feel that way about my 30s too (though that will be hard to top). I graduated college in my 20s (how I loved my college days), got married in my 20s & bought my first place in my 20s. So many major life milestones yet at the same time, so much I feel not done. Where did the time go? (I'm pretty sure for the 1st half it's safe to say the time was spent in various bars). So, I made a (mental) list of all the things I want to still do. And what better way to actually put thought into action than making a bucket list, or "wish" list. And then thinking of (writing) ways to make them happen.
So in lies my purpose for this. And to provide comical entertainment to those of you reading this because, as you all know, I'm total jackass 99% of the time. Hey, after all, we could all use a little more laughter in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment